Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we’re going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
Everyone loves an Encore!
The crowd is cheering, and now is your chance to be part of the Encore performance. WestJet Encore has taken flight in the same WestJet fashion as when the airline took to the skies 25 years ago – by enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet’s world by providing safe, caring and affordable air travel.
WestJet Encore flies regionally within Canada and select USA locations on operates with the De Havilland Q400 aircraft.
Do you want to be part of this Encore? Do you have the energy, enthusiasm and commitment to help build the greatest low-cost regional airline in Canada?
We thought you might!
About the role:
- We are currently recruiting for full-time Calgary based Cabin Crew Members
- WestJet Encore Cabin Crew Members are not only ambassadors representing the company, but the face of our culture and our people;
- Cabin Crew Members (CCMs) are safety, security and service professionals, entrusted with the safety and security of our guests, crew members and the aircraft;
Safety and Security:
- Ensure the safety, security and comfort of all guests; which includes enforcing and following all standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with WestJet Encore and regulatory requirements;
- Operate safety and emergency equipment such as oxygen systems, aircraft doors, fire extinguishers, galley equipment, communication equipment, and lighting systems;
- Ability to handle first aid situations onboard the aircraft;
- Manage uncomfortable situations such as disruptive and unruly guests with de-escalation techniques
- Uphold exceptional guest service standards both inflight and on the ground;
- Complete service and sales in accordance with WestJet Encore service standards;
- Greet and engage guests onboard the aircraft;
- Carry oneself with the utmost professionalism while on-duty;
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing exceptional customer service;
- Must be able to solve problems and make quick decisions in the interest of crew and guests;
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces;
- Must be flexible and able to work a varied schedule;
- Post-secondary education an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be 19 years of age or older;
- The ability to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English is mandatory
- Bilingualism in one of the following languages would be considered an asset (French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Punjabi, Hindi, Tagalog or Korean)
- Must hold a current valid passport; where a Canadian Passport is not held, a Canadian Permanent Resident card (accompanied with all individual Visas necessary to enable you to perform the duties of a Cabin Crew Member wherever WestJet Encore operates) is required;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Pass (requires a 5-year traceable history, a clear criminal record and a Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident Card);
- A clear criminal background and Alcohol & Drug test is required;
- Must be able to reach 183 cm or 72 inches flat-footed without shoes (emergency equipment requirement);
- Height must be 6’2” or less (including footwear with a 2 inch heel maximum);
- Must successfully pass a functional assessment – must be able to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist and 22 pounds overhead; Your functional capabilities must meet the essential functions of the Cabin Crew Member job;
- Must successfully complete a 5-week full-time initial training program in Calgary and/or Toronto, as well as, annual training and any other training deemed necessary by the Company;
- Must complete a first aid course prior to initial training at your own expense
- You will travel away from home (overnights are required);
- We need you to be flexible to work any shift that is assigned – the airline industry operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long;
- Must be available for on call shifts and holding Reserve;
- Must be able to adhere to strict uniform standards.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet’s regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.