As a United inflight crew member, you’ll define the onboard experience and have more influence on customer loyalty than any work group. You’ll also be expected to ensure highest standards of safety, deliver the onboard service as prescribed, and represent the United brand with pride and distinction.
Benefits and Offers
- United is pleased to offer employees a competitive compensation package including industry leading pay, exceptional benefits, and travel privileges.
- Additional compensation for language skills, lead positions, and international trips.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
- Flight privileges: you, your family, and your friends can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by.
- United offers inclusive uniform standards where our employees feel welcome to be their authentic selves at work and celebrate their individuality.
- United puts safety and cleanliness at the forefront of the travel experience for employees and customers.
- During training, United provides a $140/week per diem, along with accommodations, breakfast and lunch.
- A payment plan is available to purchase initial uniform and luggage.
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Flexibility: With the most comprehensive route network in the world, United requires our flight attendants to be available for assignments 24/7, including nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours and on limited notice. Your ability to work any schedule or shift is crucial.
- Proven ability to work as a team and get along with others.
- Professional appearance and excellent grooming standards.
- You must be ready to fly domestic and international flights, be available for reserve assignments on short notice and be away from your base for days at a time.
- Dependability and timeliness are essential to operating our schedule and meeting our commitment to customers.
- Successfully complete a six-week and a half week safety and service training program.
- Flight attendants at United are expected to engage directly with customers, possess exceptional interpersonal skills, exercise good judgment and be able to resolve conflicts with understanding, empathy, and grace.
- Equally important: Have fun, see the world, make new friendships, and explore new cultures all while creating memorable experiences for every customer, every flight, everyday!
- 21 years of age or older at time of application
- High school diploma or equivalent; 2 or more years of college preferred
- Experience in customer service, hospitality, food service, the aviation industry, safety-related positions, social service, healthcare/medical position or the military would be ideal.
- Ability to proficiently operate electronic devices such as iPhones, iPads, desktops computer, etc. for the completion of required tasks during training and onboard the aircraft.
- You should possess and maintain a valid U.S. passport or foreign passport with applicable visas and be eligible to work and travel freely within the U.S. and all countries we serve, without restriction.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English; second languages such as Hebrew, Hindi, Dutch, and German are an asset for language speaking flight attendant positions.
- Must possess good physical agility and strength to assist customers: ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop, stretch, reach, lift heavy objects (e.g. lift luggage to overhead bin; lift window exit) and push and pull heavy equipment (e.g. should be able to push/pull beverage cart up to 250 lbs.).
- You will be expected to serve meals, snacks, and beverages as well as conduct sales of food and liquor in the most caring and professional manner.
- Proven effective communication is essential in maintaining order in the event of high-stress situations such as aircraft evacuation, security threats, delays, medical emergencies, severe weather conditions, and turbulence.
- Ability to pass vision, hearing and middle ear function tests, ten-year work history review, criminal background check, physical exam, and drug screen.
- Other requirements as set forth in the Flight Attendant job description.