The Aviation Warehouse Associate position at Spirit Airlines supports the request and logistical movements of materials by Spirit Airlines Technical Operations. This role will be in charge of maintaining accurate stock levels to guarantee materials available for maintenance events to avoid service disruptions by aircraft being out of service due to parts.
Pay Rate: Starting at $17.00/hr
- Process all materials movement requests accurately and on time.
- Perform shipping, receiving and stocking of aircraft parts and supplies.
- Maintain up to date shelf life on every stockroom.
- Accurately process shipments in compliance with federal regulations.
- Demand and issue all parts to maintain accurate inventory counts.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments.)
- High School or GED certification
- Must have valid Drivers License.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to read, send and execute instructions via email and memos.
- Proficient with computers, basic knowledge of word editing software, inventory sheets and email management.
- Warehouse Operations Knowledge, experienced with shipping, receiving and stocking practices.
- Ability to carry several assignments at the same time and deliver positive results.
- Ability to adjust to continuous change, ability to shift focus to new task while keeping productivity and without losing sight of general goals.
- Detail Oriented, able to produce accurate work to avoid unnecessary reproduction.
- Self-initiated, able to complete needed work and/or identify areas that require work.
- Dependable, completion of all assigned tasks and maintains good attendance.
- Able to lift 50lbs and stand during extended period of time.
- Able to endure temperature changes and outside work.
- 2+ years in a warehouse environment
- Inventory background experience
- Aviation Materials Knowledge, familiar with parts numbers, descriptions and handling.
- Hazardous Materials Shipping and Handling, knowledge of HAZCOM and general shipping procedures.
- Forklift driving experience
- Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you did not receive it.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
At Spirit Airlines, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before by serving destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean! Imagine making your mark on an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet!
- Fly With A Winner: Our constant growth and improvement mean boundless career opportunities. Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to inspiring positive change in the cities where we work and live. That starts with giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and The Spirit Airlines Charitable Foundation.
- Be Yourself: We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring their whole self to work and contribute to our success – that’s why we’re committed to building progress in the areas of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Our Spirit Family is strong, not despite our differences, but because of them.
- Travel The World: We offer competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits, including travel & flight benefits for you and your family.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.