- Provides Legendary Customer Service by managing Ramp Agents and oversees their work performance to ascertain that all job assignments are carried out according to Company regulations in a safe and efficient manner to assure that an on-time operation is maintained.
- Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Provides special care, attention, and assistance to internal and external SWA Customer’s as needed
- Assist in training and mentoring Ramp Agents, Operations Agents, Customer Service Agents, and Skycaps to ensure awareness of appropriate regulations, procedures, and Company policies
- Manages and evaluates Ramp, Operations, and Customer Service Agents to ensure work performance, attendance, and appearance meet Company requirements
- Sets clear expectations on daily assignments and procedures or process changes to Employees
- Recognizes Team member achievements and ensures appropriate and effective coaching/accountability is delivered to address performance shortcomings
- Actively coordinates with all departments to maintain the station’s on-time performance
- Partners closely with fellow Supervisors and Leadership to achieve Station objectives
- Ensures all Ramp Agents, Operations Agents, Customer Service Agents and Skycaps are properly assigned and utilized
- Requests overtime as needed and maintains maximum use and efficiency of all Employees on duty
- Proactively reallocates Employees as needed and assigns rest and meal breaks as required
- Determines that aircraft are properly serviced and provisioned prior to departure and that all forms and records are properly completed and maintained
- Maintains oversight in handling and operating condition of all ramp equipment in addition to ensuring ground equipment is serviced and fueled as necessary
- May perform SIDA signatory responsibilities as assigned
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to successfully complete Customer Service Agent, Operations Agent and Ramp Agent training and perform all essential job functions of Customer Service Agent, Operations Agent and Ramp Agent
- Ability to assume a high level of responsibility
- Ability to work with others as part of a Team, meet the public and work in a variety of challenging situations under stressful conditions
- Ability to effectively communicate information and instructions verbally, via radio equipment, via telephone, face to face, via public address systems and in writing
- Ability to read documents, follow instructions, learn, understand, and teach Operations & Customer Service procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to read and write English
- Knowledge of and proficiency in computer software packages (ex. ALTEA) and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to type and/or use computer keyboard with sufficient speed
- Ability to work in environment with exposure to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, fumes, dirt and dust for extended periods of time
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of hazardous situations and maintain safe working environment in addition to handling emergencies as needed
- Ability to maintain alertness to moving vehicles and aircraft
- Ability to work safely and with urgency under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to solve complex operational problems
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Knowledge of Customer Service Agent, Ramp, Operations, Provisioning and Freight Agents collective bargaining agreements and Company policies and procedures preferred
- No education requirement
- Preferred: 2 years of airline or related Leadership experience to include 1 year of Ground Operations Leadership experience and 1 year Ground Ops cross functional (Ramp, Operations, Customer Service, Freight, Provisioning) knowledge
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements
- May be required to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements for international flights
- Must posses a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Ability to obtain GSC qualification and comply with DOT drug and alcohol testing program
- Requires you to obtain and maintain USPS Clearance and meet all requirements to handle US Mail
- Abilities to perform physical activities such as lifting (70 lbs. or more) on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40-50 pounds on raised surfaces
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down Jetway stairs
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass required drug testing
- Must be able to work various shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime and some travel may be required for training
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Effective March 1, 2022, Southwest Airlines is voluntarily increasing the starting wage rate for Ground Operations and Cargo Supervisors to at least $32 per hour. If hired prior to March 1, 2022, your starting wage rate begins at least $22.26 per hour until the new rate goes into effect on March 1, 2022.
- 401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule.
- ProfitSharing contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company.
The starting wage rate increase above the contractual minimum wage is reviewed periodically and can be changed or discontinued at any time at the Company’s discretion.