Ensures the safety and comfort of passengers in accordance with FAA and Inflight guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
- Performs all regulatory and assigned cabin duties with constant attention to guests while providing a safe and comfortable onboard experience.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all emergency procedures and the use of all emergency equipment on board the aircraft; operates all emergency exits and aircraft equipment using all the necessary movements and force up to and including 70 pounds.
- Provides food and beverages to passengers, which requires pushing and pulling moveable carts weighing in excess of 250 pounds.
- Assists passengers in stowing carry-on baggage weighing up to and including 35 pounds.
- Maintains a neat and orderly cabin environment.
- Contributes to a reliable and on-time operation by working with other crewmembers to meet all report times, departure times, and minimum turn times.
- Performs inflight sales and promotional duties as assigned.
- Assists other Customer Service staff as needed with passenger handling or other duties.
- Maintains reliable and prompt attendance according to Company policies and procedures.
- Presents a professional image, both in conduct and in appearance, including adherence to the Company uniform dress code.
- Complies with associate Rules of Conduct as outlined in all applicable manuals.
- Maintains currency of Inflight guides and manuals.
- Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
- Performs additional duties as assigned or required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED, with at least two years of customer service experience.
- Must be 21 years of age by the date of the first interview.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Additional years of customer service experience, preferably in an aviation environment.
- Previous Flight Attendant experience.
- Possess polished and professional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and a customer-oriented mindset.
- Must be willing and able to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Must be able and willing to serve and handle peanuts, meals containing shellfish/seafood, beef and pork.
- Able to work with animals and around other allergens and products.
- Must not have tattoos visible while in uniform.
- Must not have multiple piercings visible while in uniform.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Able to effectively present information to and respond to questions from management, crew, passengers and the general public.
- Able to speak and be understood in English, including shouted verbal commands during emergency situations.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
- Must be willing to work in a time-sensitive environment and effectively handle stress that is associated with meeting deadlines and managing unexpected change.
- Capable of interpreting a variety of and multiple instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to remain calm, think and react quickly in all types of emergency situations including but not limited to: medical emergencies, aircraft decompression, emergency evacuations, fires, security threats, passenger disturbances, turbulence, etc.