Crew Schedulers are an integral part of the SOC and serve as a critical component to the airline’s operation. They ensure each scheduled flight departs on time with a legal and qualified crew, and follows all policy and procedures for maintaining crew legalities to prevent disruptions in day-to-day operations.
What You Will Do:
- Maintains the integrity of the flight schedule by ensuring that all segments have been assigned to a legal and qualified crew.
- Maintains compliance with applicable Union agreements, Company policies, and FAA regulations.
- Fields phone calls from crew members, providing excellent and timely customer service.
- Processes sick calls, emergency leaves and other daily schedule modifications.
- Anticipates operational disruptions and solve them in a proactive manner.
- Ensures that changes to the published schedule are communicated to crewmembers in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with dispatchers and other departments to resolve problems that arise during the day-to-day operation and implements plans to correct operational issues.
- Communicates professionally with vendors such as Hotel Connections, Uber, etc. via email and phone.
- Books hotels, deadhead and ground transportation as needed.
Must Have Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2+ years of customer service or call center experience (additional education may be substituted for experience).
- Familiarity with Windows OS, including Microsoft Office Suite and various web browsers.
- Ability to multitask and interact with multiple computer applications.