As a Cargo Operations Manager, you will add value by looking after the cargo operations in Atlanta through close management of QR employees, Ground Handler (GHA) relationships and other local service providers, with the objective to meet and exceed the minimum level of defined service standard and optimum utilization of available capacity. You will also foster and maintain a professional and efficient interface with key internal and external stakeholders, and continuously monitor and develop adherence to regulations outlined by local authorities and regulatory bodies. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced environment in a leading Aviation group to contribute to our continued development and evolution. .
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Cargo and Regional Cargo Managers, manage the station’s ground handling activities and ensure that they are carried out on a cost effective, efficient and safe manner.
- Develop and maintain processes, ensuring standard operational procedures (SOP) are adhered to ensure high and consistent levels of quality in the area (inbound / outbound /trucking / ULD control).
- Ensure streamlined processes are in place with Ground Handling Agencies and other service providers in order to follow procedures in the absence of QR cargo staff at stations.
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreements with the service providers and/or Ground Handling Agencies in local markets and ensure the operational performance meets QR’s required service levels.
- Ensure management of Safety, Security, and Operational compliance matters in the local markets.
- Ensure discrepancies and non-conformances are minimized in order to reduce claims and penalties at the station to increase customer satisfaction and reduce carrier liability.
- Develop reporting process at station, aligned with area and HDQ requirements.
- Ensure full incident Response Procedures at station, compliant with QR regulations.
- Ensure full Emergency Response Procedures at station, compliant with QR regulations, local airport and national requirements.
- Establish strong contacts with authorities and regulatory bodies. Liaise with local Government/ Customs Authorities to obtain permissions and to comply with regulatory issues related to cargo operations.
- Maintain the freighter on time performance and ensure no delays occur due to ground operations.
- Perform required station self-audits and support audits initiated by QCAA, National authority. Review audit findings from regulatory bodies, QR Group Safety & Security, QR Compliance and self-audits and inspections and ensure any findings are actioned and concluded satisfactorily within given timeframe.
- Ensure constant evaluation of best industry practices, detecting those that can add value to the operation.
- Support of RFP (request of proposal) with HQ, Contracts and Procurement for existing or new operation.
- Prepare and perform technical evaluation in the area and provide support for other network stations.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of job-related experience
- Extensive cargo operations knowledge and air freighter industry experience within an Airline or GHA at a managerial level
- In-depth knowledge IATA Cargo handling, IATA Cargo Services Manual, Dangerous Goods regulations and other pertinent operational regulations.
- Knowledge of IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement and Service Level Agreements.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills