Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc. the sister company of PlaneSense, Inc. is seeking an Aircraft Inspector for its new facility.
The Aircraft Inspector ensures the safety and airworthiness of the PlaneSense fleet of PC-12s and PC-24s by conducting the proper inspections in accordance with applicable technical data, industry standards, and procedures contained in the Atlas Aircraft Repair Station Manual. The average age of all aircraft in the fleet is 5.2 years.
- $28-40/hour based on experience
- 401(k) w/ company matching (up to 5%)
- Health & Dental insurance (Date of hire)
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off (Vacation, Personal, Sick, Holidays)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance (Group, Term, STD & LTD)
- Airframe and Powerplant license
- 3 Years’ aircraft maintenance experience preferred
- Prior quality and inspection experience
- IA preferred, but not required
Other Skills and Abilities
- Own and maintain sufficient hand tools to perform duties efficiently and effectively
- Ability to live and work in the United States without any restrictions
- Valid state driver’s license
- Carries or has the ability to possess a valid U.S. Passport for training purposes
- Capability of lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Willing and able to work different shifts consisting of days, evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Federal law requires Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc. to acquire an applicant’s history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- All Inspectors must be listed and properly authorized on the Repair Station Personnel Roster contained in the Repair Station General Information File.
- Ensure comprehension of assigned task(s) before initiating the inspection. If necessary, communicate concerns or questions with the Chief Inspector.
- Perform all inspections (including RII) in accordance with applicable technical data, industry standards, and procedures contained in the Atlas Aircraft Repair Station Manual.
- Perform inspections with the highest quality of workmanship avoiding any act which may endanger personnel or cause damage to equipment and articles.
- Perform all inspections using proper tools and equipment.
- Ensure all articles and materials used in the maintenance process are in an airworthy and serviceable condition.
- Ensure that calibrated tools used during the maintenance process have not surpassed their calibration cycle.
- Ensure that all parts and materials used in the maintenance process that contain a shelf life have not surpassed the manufacturer’s expiration limits; and that the proper documentation exists to provide traceability.
- Notify the Chief Inspector immediately of any condition that arises which might represent a problem or unsafe condition.
- Ensure Work Order forms are completed in accordance with the instructions contained in the Atlas Aircraft Repair manual.
The work environment consists of an air-conditioned hangar, with occasional outdoor work. The schedule will consist of day shifts only at this time, but the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians must have the availability to work occasional nights and weekends when needed. On the job training is provided by our experienced staff.
Training provided by Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc. consists of extensive initial training to become familiar with both the AAC and the PlaneSense program. AAC technicians attend factory training with Pilatus, engine training with Pratt & Whitney, ongoing education through FAA-sponsored classes, component instruction, continuous on-the-job training, and more!
PlaneSense, Inc. is a privately held fractional aircraft ownership company that manages a growing fleet of turboprop and jet aircraft. More than 400 employees handle all aspects of management, operations, scheduling, aircraft maintenance, quality assurance, and administration. The PlaneSense® program fleet is maintained through our award-winning service centers, Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc.
As one of the leading fractional aircraft companies in the United States, PlaneSense, Inc. manages the largest civilian fleet of Pilatus PC-12s in the world and a growing fleet of Pilatus PC-24 twin engine jets. The PlaneSense® program operates in the continental United States, Canada, Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America with continuous expansion. PlaneSense, Inc. is dedicated to the highest standards of owner services, safety, and reliability.
Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc. (AAC) is a Pilatus authorized fleet service and support center for the PlaneSense® fractional fleet. As an FAA certified Part 145 repair station, we specialize in Pilatus PC-12 turboprop aircraft and Pilatus PC-24 twin engine jet aircraft support, including turbine aircraft repairs, annual inspections, phase inspections, hourly inspections, modifications, and Service Bulletin compliance, as well as Avionics repairs and sales.
\Atlas Aircraft Center is part of the PlaneSense, Inc. headquarters in Portsmouth, NH. Our state-of-the-art, 40,000 square foot hangar is equipped with slab heating, high-tech lighting, and Megadoors. These special fabric doors provide superior insulation capabilities to protect staff from inclement weather while also shielding customers’ aircraft from the elements. The very high ceilings and door openings accommodate all types of aircraft. An additional 44,000 square feet is dedicated to shop space and corporate offices.
Our Nevada maintenance facility is located in Boulder City, NV and features 12,000 square feet of air-conditioned hangar space. This Atlas Aircraft Center facility provides valuable support for the PlaneSense® fleet, mainly serving fractional share clients in the Western part of the U.S.
PlaneSense, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.PlaneSense