Provide quality assurance support for raw materials, in-process mixes, and finished product as assigned. Conduct required analytical testing, inspection, communication, and documentation associated with assigned responsibilities. Work with both in-plant resources, and suppliers to effectively communicate and assure control of non-conforming materials.
- Inspect and collect samples of incoming raw materials as directed. Capable of minor maneuvering and opening large containers of materials to collect samples.
- Conduct analytical and physical testing of raw material samples.
- Monitor supplier certificates of analysis to assure conformance to Quaker specifications, and to match them to the appropriate incoming lots of materials upon receipt
- Enter quality information into both plant and company computerized programs.
- Work with plant operations as needed to isolate and secure substandard materials.
- Conduct basic analytical tests, quality auditing, and quality holds as needed.
- Maintain and clean lab work areas and equipment; perform basic maintenance of equipment.
- Perform sensory analysis of materials and finished product.
- Perform additional sampling and testing as assigned.
- Perform follow-up inspections of substandard materials or transportation vessels as needed; coordinate the involvement of additional department or plant resources as needed
- Perform various work assignments in support of department or plant projects.
- Provide backup, as assigned, to QA personnel responsible for various quality programs.
- Covid-19 vaccination may be a condition of employment dependent on role and location. For specific information, please discuss role requirements with the recruiter
Schedule: Night shift – third shift – 8 hours Mon-Fri.
Compensation and Benefits:
The expected salary range is $41k- $46k
Long term incentive equity may be awarded based on eligibility and performance.
Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement. Benefits subject to elections and eligibility
– Click here for a general description Other benefits, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health, and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a science related field and/or prior experience in food industry is preferred, but not required
- High School diploma
- Good organizational skills, able to work alone, detail-oriented.
- Good person-to-person, written and telephone communication skills.
- Team-oriented, with the ability to lead or follow.
- Possess or able to gain technical competence to better understand manufacturing processes and the compliance requirements of a food manufacturer..
- Basic PC skills: Keyboard typing, Web browser, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to work a 12 hour (night shift) rotating schedule and flexible to help maintain coverage
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.