Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Material Handler is responsible for the accurate receipt, order fill and loading process of all inbound/outbound materials at the Anderson site. Material Handling areas include the ASRS, Packaging Warehouse, Raw Ingredient Warehouses and Rail Receiving Area.
- Maintain First In, First Out practices.
- Responsible for handling equipment properly thereby preventing any equipment damage.
- Adhere to the quality standards outlined in the HACCP plan, QMS, SOPs, and perform quality inspections
- Perform the sanitation of the equipment and area (includes disassembly and assembly of equipment).
- Take action and ensure that proper follow-up has taken place when quality defects occur.
- Work with your peers and the team to make recommendations on how to improve the operation.
- Follow-up on issues to ensure that they are completed and that the issues are addressed.
- Perform daily, routine safety inspection of material handling equipment and work safely
- Ensure inventory accuracy through cycle counting and following proper SOPs.
- Operate RF computer terminal and bar code scanner.
- Understand and work with company Hold Program to ship only clear and salable product.
- Work in a chilled environment of 36 degrees.
- Load/unload trucks with the use of a fork lift and/or pallet jack.
- Pick product in less than pallet load quantities from the pick area and take to the order staging area.
- Repetitive lifting of products/materials up to 50 lbs throughout a 12hr shift.
- Unload Packaging/ Raw Materials according to inbound dock schedule and production schedule .
- Accurately receive inbound product in SAP and put away into proper storage type areas.
- Unload Sugar and Resin railcars and tanker trucks.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Two years work experience or post-secondary education.
- Ability and willingness to operate and support a positive Nestle culture and follow established values.
- Proactive individual that takes responsibility for their equipment, line, coworkers and the continuous improvement of the operation.
- Able to work in a team environment with honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability
- Able to work off-shifts, weekends & extended shifts
- Detail oriented individual able to work with computers (navigating systems, recording information, etc)
- Has positive conflict management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Accountable for personal development & improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment & handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to obtain any licenses or certificates required either by Nestle or outside regulatory agency, either local, State or Federal as needed.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.