Join the Jetstar team at a pivotal moment in our history. The outlook for our domestic flying across Australia and New Zealand is strong, our teams have never been more committed and our mission is unchanged, to offer all day, every day low fares so more people can fly to more places, more often. We are passionate about making travel accessible and enjoyable for all.
Opportunities now available within our Customer Experience (Cabin Crew) Team
Our dedicated team of cabin crew play an essential role in the delivery of our customer experience offering and no two days are the same. Your duties will include greeting and assisting customers, conducting safety briefings and the sale of food and beverage services. As the face of the Jetstar Team in the air, our crew spend the most time with our customers throughout there travelling journey. Our cabin crew love working as part of a team, are full of energy and genuinely care about delivering exceptional customer service. At the same time, our cabin crew have a constant focus on maintaining our superior safety standards.
Whilst no prior experience in aviation is required, you will bring a genuine passion for customer service and a desire to work as a part of close-knit team in a fun yet professional work environment. Naturally, you will bring strength in building rapport quickly and a confidence to interact with a range of different people every day. You will bring a flexible and agile mindset and committed to the lifestyle of a Cabin Crew team member, as your roster will vary depending on our schedule and operational requirements.
What does it take to fly with us?
- Experience working in a customer service environment (essential).
- Be adaptable to any situation that may present itself in a sensible, warm and safe way.
- Safety conscious and reliable, available for shift work 24/7 which includes a combination of early starts, evenings and late finishes, 365 days per year
- An excellent level of health and fitness, including the ability to swim 50 meters fully clothed and tread water for 3 mins unaided
- Ability to comfortably vertically reach 212cm (obtainable by most over 160cm height)
- Able to meet the height and age restrictions – maximum height of 186cm and 18 years and over
- Excellent communication skills in addition to well-groomed presentation
- Current living arrangements in Auckland or Christchurch
- Must be able to demonstrate a competent level of English, both written and spoken, to effectively follow or implement safety instructions
- Willing to obtain a full physical pre-employment medical check with a Qantas-approved provider, at your own cost
- Have either Australian or New Zealand citizenship/permanent residency with unrestricted access to any of our Jetstar ports across ANZ.
- Have a clear criminal record to obtain a Qantas Group ASIC card (which includes national & international criminal checks)
- Hold a valid passport ensuring unrestricted access to all ports that Jetstar fly
Note the above criteria will be assessed throughout the recruitment, onboarding and training process.
What’s in it for you?
- A comprehensive onboarding and training program to get you in the air quickly
- A rewarding career with Qantas Group’s youngest and fastest growing operation, that encourages people to be themselves, have fun and enjoy working in this remarkable industry.
- Our team members enjoy access to unlimited heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines
- Structured programs and resources to support your health and wellbeing and development
Please note: Under the Qantas Group COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all New Zealand based new employees of a Qantas Group entity must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate to Workday (our HR information system). There are different compliance dates for different workgroups under the policy.
The Jetstar Group is one of the largest low-cost airline groups in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown more than 300 million passengers since it launched.
Jetstar’s mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while your work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our people feel valued, respected and enabled.
Inclusion and Diversity
Jetstar is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.