What a Supply Chain Operation Specialist Does At HP
- Manage a broad range of moderately complex supply chain processes, such as inventory analysis and planning, demand management, logistics management, and import/export operations, defective operation management typically with a large or complex global business unit.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and develops recommendations.
- Independently execute the demand and supply matching activities, connecting planning to execution, and identifying issues and their impact.
- Drive defective return management and recovery
- Gather demand data from country, region and account managers to synthesize information using complex analyses, and delivers demand signals to the supply base to contribute to demand forecasting.
- Coordinate or lead regional and global business unit planning teams to maintain and enhance the current business processes.
- Review performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Contribute to priority projects with complex analyses and assists in developing recommendations.
- Communicate requirements and guidelines to the regional and global business unit planning teams.
- Mentor junior-level staff.
- Coordinate, develop, and manage a Regulatory Trade Compliance program.
Individuals who do well in this role at HP, usually possess:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in a supply chain function.
- Broker’s license and/or 4-6 years of experience in a customs/global trade function.
- Strong understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver).
- Strong vendor management skills and experience
- Very strong analytical and data modeling skills.
- Proven relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Strong project management skills to lead cross-functional teams; recognized as Subject Matter Expert.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Strong Understanding of HP’s overall supply chain strategy.
- Extensive understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Available to Promise (ATP) and master scheduling.
- Strong knowledge and experience in defective parts handling, warranty processing and recovery.
- Good understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory analysis.
- Developed leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management.
As part of the current HP Singapore COVID-19 related protocol and policies, you are required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with the government guidelines in effect at the relevant time, and update your vaccination status as of your first day of employment or the date which you obtain system access, whichever is earlier, and/or at the HP Human Resources team’s request. If you believe you are eligible for an exemption due to special considerations recognized under applicable governmental guidelines, please let a representative from the HP Human Resources team know as soon as possible. The Company will review all such requests in accordance with the stipulated government guidelines.
Sustainable impact is HP’s commitment to create positive, lasting change for the planet, its people, and our communities. This serves as a guiding principle for delivering on our corporate vision – to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
HP is a Human Capital Partner – we commit to human capital development and adopting progressive workplace practices in Singapore.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!