Come work in our world class analytical development labs! Your teammates, highly skilled analysts use analytical instruments in support of R&D, product development and manufacturing activities. In an inclusive and friendly environment, you will collaborate with partners and peers to help solve product problems and communicate results, while ensuring adherence to good laboratory practices in areas of safety, instrument calibration and troubleshooting.
Support the R&D and Manufacturing community by performing optical microscope inspection of components and materials to characterize failure modes. This includes providing high quality data and detailed reports. Ensure customers receive results within negotiated delivery dates. Provide results in an efficient and effective manner utilizing LabNet to manage task requests and priorities. Use lab software and systems to create lab reports and store images for customers. Escalate lab priorities/workload or equipment issues to lab curator or supervisor. Learn to perform method development, document Standard Operating Procedures, and support quality systems through proper techniques.
Apply basic knowledge of the job skills and company policies to thrive in the communal atmosphere that will allow you to achieve mastery and complete complex, specialized assignments in creative and effective ways. Grow understanding of the general and technical aspects of the job and the unique aspects of the products and materials inherent to our technologies. Work on assignments that are complex in nature and require judgment, initiative, and specialized knowledge to get to the root cause of problems and develop imaginative solutions. Work with minimal supervision; assignments may be completed without established procedures.
- Experience is a plus in chemistry, metals, materials, physics, computers, electronics or similar technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced R&D environment with continuous change, fast paced program schedules, and urgent timelines while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely with technician teammates and engineering business partners to meet lab goals.
- Ability to learn/operate advanced instruments in a non-routine fashion including set up, calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting (X-ray)
- Ability to apply skills and understanding of the fundamentals involved in material sciences.
- Become expert on one or more instruments and protocols.
- Gain experience in mentoring and training laboratory personnel.
- Basic knowledge of routine laboratory procedures and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
In accordance with applicable law, an offer of employment is conditional upon you providing proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) as of your first day of employment.
HP is an equal opportunity employer: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c08129225
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!