The Flight Dispatcher’s primary role is to provide the highest level of safety, service and joint decision-making to Spirit Airline’s flight crews and passengers.
Benefits and Offers
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for dispatch release and operational control for Spirit’s flight operations in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policy in order to provide safe, comfortable, and on-time service to guests.
- Making tactical economic decisions to drive efficiency and optimization for the airline.
- Analyzing meteorological data from multiple sources to identify hazards such as convective activity, turbulence, icing, and other factors. Work in conjunction with flight crew to mitigate meteorological threats both in pre-flight and enroute phases.
- Proactively monitoring enroute aircraft, providing flight crews with timely updates to changes in dispatch parameters and taking action to deal with unplanned events/situations.
- Keeping all stakeholders informed of significant changes in flight status, aircraft substitutions, delays, unscheduled landings, diversions, or cancellations.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Licensed airman certification by the FAA (Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate).
- Two years of dispatch experience with a Part 121 Air Carrier (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Air Regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of aviation meteorology and practical application of weather synopsis and forecast products.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Satisfactory completion of the training, testing, and checking requirements as defined in Spirit Airline’s Flight Operations Training Manual (FOTM).
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, rotating days-off, weekends and holidays within a 24 x 7 x 365 operation.
- Selected candidates will be notified about the job location and other details at the time a job offer is extended.