Working under the direction of senior Airport Services colleagues, to represent Emirates and enhance passenger service to both arriving and departing passengers. Ensure all operational criteria are completed within specified time frames as per the criteria set forth by the Company’s commercial, safety and security policies, standards and procedures.
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to customers on arrival and departure, ensuring high quality and professional customer service is maintained at all times. These include ascertaining the requirements of various categories of customers such as unaccompanied minors, customers with reduced mobility etc. ensuring appropriate special services and facilities are provided to meet the special service requirements of the customers.
- Co-ordinate the airport operation of chauffeur-driven limousines for eligible customers after arrival, and open the Emirates arrival information desk.
- Monitor the arrival immigration problems, retrieve relevant documentation and report accordingly ensuring adherence to all procedures with regard to travel, immigration and safety regulations. Monitor check-in including ‘queue-combing’ to keep customers informed of checking delays, identifying and giving priority to Premium customers and ensure service standards are maintained.
- Assist in, and if necessary, conduct, the preparation and completion of pre and post flight documentation and statistical information / reporting to ensure all data is accurately accounted for.
- Provide cover in the absence of the senior team members during leave/sickness/training as directed by the Airport Services Officer or other senior colleague.
- Assist in dealing with problems such as delays, disruptions, excess baggage or denied boarding including implementation of ‘Options’ within the guidelines provided by the Senior Staff on Duty in order to retain customers confidence and loyalty. Also ensure eligible customers are provided with accommodation and transport as per applicable procedures.
- Assist with, and if necessary, conduct, check-in, boarding at the gates as per laid down procedures, provide announcements, and carry out hand baggage removal, handling of late-to gate customers, flight coupon reconciliation and head count confirmation to ensure safe and on time departure of flights.
- Monitor baggage delivery performance against agreed standards, keeping customers informed about any delays or irregularities with their baggage to maintain an efficient baggage delivery service to customers and monitor files creation and quality of baggage services as per Emirates Standard Operating Procedure.
- Conduct duties in the Emirates lounge. Liaise with service providers and supervise contracted staff, overseeing catering, cleaning and maintenance operations and ensure service standards are met and maintained.
- The job holder will be expected to make decisions affecting operations on a day-to-day basis in line with applicable local procedures.
- The job holder will be required to work in all areas of the operation, supporting and overseeing, as necessary, check-in, boarding, ramp, lounge and other areas of Airport Operations as directed by senior staff on duty.
- The job holder is also responsible for adhering to the relevant health and safety requirements and safe working practices applicable to their employment.
- A good level of secondary education or equivalent.
- Experience in Airport Passenger Services handling.
- Knowledge of Departure Control systems.
- Must have completed professional training courses in Passenger Services and Ground Operations.
- Knowledge of Reservations & Ticketing advantageous.
- Must be fluent in English.