Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Airport Hubs & Gateway Team within the Customer Experience Division
- Responsible for handling one or more of the following as their primary role:
- Attendance and compliance
- Distribution of equipment and supplies
- Coordinating payroll
- Coordinating and maintaining operation coverage and lost time
- Managing new hire and transfer boarding
What You’ll Do
- Performs a wide variety of office duties including: coordinating meeting arrangements, typing, filing, ensuring telephone coverage, greeting and directing customers, handling mail, ordering and distributing office supplies, reconciling P-card spending, tracking anniversaries/birthdays, and arranging travel and hotel accommodations
- Provides assistance with preparation of management presentations and special projects as required
- Troubleshoots and escalates office technology issues, including telephone and copier machines
- Tracks and ensures employees complete onboarding duties, including appropriate system access, assignment of lockers, mailboxes, uniforms, badges, fingerprinting, training, etc.
- Assists in station event planning, coordination, and execution (i.e. Do Crew, luncheons, holiday meals, recognition events)
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Previous office/clerical experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of MS Office Products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and corporate structure
- Ability to prioritize work, be detail oriented and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Ability to grasp concepts and functionality of specific software and programs
What You’ll Get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more.
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.