Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- Responsible for being a key reason why friends, family, and customers of American Airlines fly safely and on time.
- There are also opportunities for job growth and advancement, training, and working with many of the industry’s most talented aviation professionals.
What You’ll Do
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU) / International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) – Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The work of an Aircraft Maintenance Planner may consist of but not limited to the following:
- Workflow and workload analysis, scheduling of aircraft, engine or shop maintenance.
- Coordination, scheduling and assignment of maintenance work releases.
- Analysis and scheduling of new and deferred maintenance requirements.
- Coordination of activities as required to support the execution of maintenance events and airworthiness directive compliance.
- Assisting and training new planners and continued On-the-Job Training (OJT) as necessary.
- Other work within the department as directed.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum of one (1) of the following: Certificate of completion of accredited aircraft maintenance school, possess a two (2) year college degree in an aircraft maintenance field, or two (2) years’ experience in aircraft maintenance and/or flight operations.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA).
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges.
- Any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
What You’ll Get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.