Allegiant Air Flight Attendants provide extraordinary service to our Customers and fellow Team Members. Flight Attendants are essential workers that are responsible for the security, safety and comfort of customers, from pre-boarding the aircraft until they arrive at their final destination. As such, Flight Attendants are on the “front lines” in providing quality service to their customers and representing Allegiant Air to the public. Just as important, Flight Attendants contribute to the smooth functioning of the business by accurately accounting for passengers and the goods they are required to serve them. Flight Attendants promote the sale and usage of products and services offered by Allegiant and specified industry partners. The position responsibilities are performed in accordance with government regulations, including the FAA and TSA. These standards are clearly articulated during training, as well as, in the ongoing performance of the job.
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform pre-boarding security checks of aircraft, customers and carry-on baggage.
- Provide support to other crewmembers and leadership.
- Provide direction and assistance to customers in accordance with government regulations and company policies.
- Conduct pre-flight safety checks of cabin area.
- In routine situations, ensure that customers are seated and carry-on baggage is stored properly; advise passengers and confirm compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- During unusual conditions (such as decompression, turbulence, mechanical malfunction, medical emergencies, or unlawful acts by customers) take action to maximize the safety of customers and crew.
- Assess and evaluate customers for appearance of intoxication, COVID-19 mask compliance and/or possible threat.
- Attend to special needs of any customers.
- Effectively communicate with customers, individually and via intercom, on information related to their travel.
- Ensure that galleys are stocked with service items for trip.
- Document and file all reports, such as inventory and trip reports, as required.
- Complete international paperwork, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be able to perform all functions as needed for this position.
- Must be able to attend a minimum of 4 1/2 weeks of training in Las Vegas and be willing to share a hotel room with a fellow classmate.
- Must be able to wear a face mask throughout training and the entire time on duty as a Flight Attendant.
- Relocation after training to the domicile, if required, is at the expense of the applicant.
- Must be able to react quickly using good judgment.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable using a tablet (e.g., iPad).
- Names on all required forms of identification presented (e.g., passport, driver’s license, and social security card) must match one another.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
- Previous flight attendant experience is preferred