The Reservations Sales Agent (RSA) is responsible for assisting guests with information regarding fares, flight schedules, routings and policies at Alaska Airlines (AS), Horizon Air (QX), Sky West (OO) and our Alliance partners. As a member of the reservations team, this individual contributor role verifies availability of space, confirms reservations and makes appropriate changes to reservations and tickets. This is a work at home, union represented position. .
Benefits and Offers
- Starting Rate USD $15.75/Hr.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k program with a company match up to 6%
- Monthly incentive pay plan up to $150 per month
- Annual incentive pay plan with a target 5% payout of annual earnings
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited standby travel benefits on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of guest service functions via multiple channels including:
- Answer incoming inquiries and match the features and benefits of Alaska Airlines to the needs of the guest.
- Answer guests’ inquiries regarding all aspects of their travel on Alaska Airlines or one of our travel partners.
- Make new reservations and change existing reservations on scheduled domestic and international flights.
- Assist guests with technical website and mobile navigation needs.
- Handle guests’ questions, complaints, and inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve issues with first interaction resolution.
- Operate within a variety of complex computerized systems to assist guests and daily operations.
- Proactively create a positive service-oriented environment for guests.
- 2 years of customer service or community service experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including a professional and pleasant phone demeanor, clear, pleasant, and courteous verbal and written communication using appropriate grammar, tone, and pronunciation.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, and listening).
- Demonstrated proficiency and agility with adopting, utilizing and navigating new and rapidly changing technologies and applications on handheld and other multi-media devices.
- Proven ability to continually learn and understand changing job-related policies and procedures, company products, services and promotions in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a process-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with general computer programs, keyboard skills, and Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Typing speed of at least 25 WPM.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and overtime in a 24/7/365 operation.
- Ability and willingness to work from home within the state designated in the posting. Some in-office time is required.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Airline or travel industry experience.
- Spanish language proficiency.