At Teleport, our mission is to make it easy and seamless to move goods, and e-commerce anywhere in Southeast Asia, and beyond. We believe trade is an enabler for both businesses and consumers, and we are opening up our products, and infrastructure to make it as easy for the single merchant or the largest companies to transport things quickly, and painlessly. It should simply work, like magic.
Backed by AirAsia – the world’s best low cost carrier 11 times running with the largest network in Southeast Asia, we transport cargo to 100+ cities across Asia and are at the frontlines of this large (US$10+ billion), but backward space. We are focused on building a logistics infrastructure for the modern world – using data to enable the physical movement of goods, delivering a same-day experience as standard for everyone, and investing to disrupt ourselves before someone else does.
We are looking for someone with strong business acumen and excellent communications skills to join the Product Development team of our logistics platforms. As Product Executive, your role is to assist the Product Manager in ensuring our products meet business requirements, overseeing the consistency of user experiences for our internal teams. You will fit perfectly if you are passionate about understanding complex processes and implementing improvements, and have prior experience managing stakeholders from different departments, preferably in an eCommerce / Logistics environment. This role will be on a full-time basis and based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You will report to a Product Manager.
A DAY IN A LIFE
We are growing our in-house engineering capabilities and we have existing products that have been built from ground up. We are looking at building features and enhancements that will create a step change in operational efficiency and business processes.
As a start up, you can expect your days to be pretty varied. Multitasking is normal, and sometimes, your skills or natural talents will be leveraged to support other business priorities. That said, the bulk of your working hours should involve you having to:
- Work closely with Product Manager to ensure development aligns with overall business objectives;
- Understand the inherent problems in the existing ecosystem, the opportunities and propose actionable solutions to address them;
- Deeply understand and have yourself involved in the end-to-end of operations and business process of delivery to be able to articulate well to all stakeholders on gaps and opportunity for improvements;
- Conduct product research and product feasibility studies;
- Participate in the quality assurance process;
- Participate in creating, launching, or implementing new products;
- Conduct periodic product analysis and optimization as needed
- Act as an escalation point for product feedback and issue reporting from System Support team
These are minimum-requirement skills and a ‘must-have’ for the role:
- A strong, independent contributor who is comfortable navigating ambiguity and working in uncharted territory
- A go-getter who has curiosity to learn a complex business area
- Highly versatile and is comfortable switching across multiple projects and teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an affinity for comprehensive business and product documentation
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and energy for delivering successful, impactful products
- Great attention to detail
These are skills that are ‘nice-to-have’ and will make you stand-out in the job application:
- Knowledge and interest in the latest technologies and how it helps businesses;
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas e.g.: product management, engineering, UI/UX, sales, customer support etc.
At the onset, you may be culture-shocked working in AirAsia and with the Teleport team. To help you adapt better, we would like to share our beliefs on leadership. Put simply, you are a leader, we all are leaders and good leaders:
- Roll up their sleeves as needed, and never delegate work that one would not be willing to do themselves
- Do what is needed to get things done, as they believe speed is more important than anything else to effect change
- Over communicate, particularly as they are all quite autonomous
- Take care of our team, and treat them as they would want to be treated
- Are rigid on goals, but flexible on the details
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least an undergraduate degree, any discipline;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Able to welcome and adapt to change;
- A team player, positive mind and able to work under pressure;
- Result driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Possess a positive attitude and a desire to grow & learn