Every trip is important. Air Canada Flight Attendants offer the care and class that Canadian hosts are renowned for. Air travel can be stressful, and we can help. Air Canada Flight Attendants put themselves in our customers’ shoes, treating them with warmth, graciousness and dignity, offering them the most elevated and comfortable flying experience possible. Air Canada Flight Attendants are ambassadors of Canada. As Canada’s flag bearing carrier, we’re proud to share our unique Canadian persona with the world and offer an experience as unique as our country.
Every trip our customers take is special, and that starts and ends with attracting the best people to our team. We are growing with temporary positions open at our base in Toronto and Calgary.
Conditions of employment
We are committed to ensuring our Flight Attendants receive the best training possible. You will participate in our 7-week, full-time, Air Canada Flight Attendant training program.
You are willing to relocate to our Canadian base in Toronto or Calgary.
As a certified Flight Attendant, the salary is $28.28/hour. Please note that training will be paid at a lower rate.
To ensure that you have the security clearance required by Transport Canada, we will undertake a criminal background check on all candidates.
Flight Attendants conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
- Safety-minded first as an essential part of customer service excellence
- Naturally empathetic
- Exude a warm and caring demeanor
- Welcome all as a gracious host
- Passionate about service excellence
- Proudly represent Canada at home and around the world
- Treat others with mutual respect
- Listen well and is solution-oriented
- Confident in speaking publicly
- Respectful of the importance of the rules and regulations in our industry and at Air Canada
- Prepared to wear our uniform perfectly with pride including impeccable personal grooming
- At least 18 years of age.
- Holding a valid Canadian Passport that allows travel to all countries served by Air Canada.
- Available during irregular working hours (mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays) as a highly flexible work schedule is part of the job.
- As Canada’s flag carrier, we’re proud to offer bilingual services. Candidates who speak both English and French fluently are preferred. As Canada’s most international airline, we would love to know if you can speak one or more of the following languages in addition to English: French, Japanese, Italian, German, Hebrew, Greek, Hindi, Punjabi.